Wanna build a test setup
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

StudioRDP

4 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2010 :  11:18:01  Show Profile  Email Poster
We have a GCX and a SphereII systems taking up dust from more than a year. No way to find info about how to connect them to LCDs, monitors an so on. Many of the recommended displays (>12-14'') have prohibitive prices (it could be sufficent a 3-5'') or are available only for volumes greater than 1,000 pieces. We would just want to set-up a test environment, but it was impossible to understand which kind of standard displays to use, which protocols or electrical connections are required (signal names and letters are completely different from one manufacturer to another). We believe those systems are powerful, but the difficulties we are encountering even in the design of a pilot application are convincing us to shift towards more flexible solutions. What's wrong??

grenierm

133 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2010 :  11:27:48  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi StudioRDP:

Thanks for your question.

A good starting point would be to:
1.)Take a look at the GCX and Sphere II User's Manuals found at Topics 1782 and 2300, respectively.
2.)Next you'll wanna take a look at the list of supported displays at topic 211.
3.)Furthermore, the LCD displays page, topic 638 is another useful overview of integrating LCD's with Eurotech Products.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2010 :  11:35:01  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the details you provided. You are correct that these are powerful and capable products. We know that starting from scratch can be difficult, which is why we typically provide development kits as part of the first sale.

We have configured both of these systems for a significant number of displays, and would be glad to provide the cable drawings and display settings for any that meet your needs. A second option would be to use a different product that provides analog VGA output to drive off-the-shelf consumer LCD displays. A final option would be to go with one of our pre-configured systems that includes a display.

There are many options, and your best bet is to share this response and your program requirements with your sales representative to discuss the solution that will best meet your needs. Let us know how we can assist that process.
Go to Top of Page

StudioRDP

4 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2010 :  18:13:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Dear all,

thanks for your prompt responses, but i don't see yet a solution.
Datasheets do not say which kind of features make a generic LCD really 'compatible', neither it helps to understand which protocol is used over the generic LVDS bus.
For what concern the list of supported displays at the topic 211, it's "updated" to 2004, some of the LCDs are discontinued. Moreover, GCX has only two compatible LCDs under the expensive 7'' threshold (one is the discontinued Sharp LQ64D343, the other is unobtainable LQ64D343, try a search). SphereII has only two LCDs, one of the two is the famous Sharp.
About the proposed solutions, if you have an updated list of successfully configured monitors, please post it. About the purchase of another, more LCD prone, system.. I'm quite astonished. My sales representative didn't tell to me that my choice was wrong when I told him i needed a system with a graphic interface... Neither that the only safe solution was to buy also a pre-configured system.... As i remember.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000