All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 CE Drivers
 Changing backlight (on/off polarity problems)
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

pervasive

12 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2002 :  12:07:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi. I see in the ADSmartIO post that you suggest reprogramming the ADSmartIO backlight (topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=306). This is great information, since I just got a backlight inverter that has the wrong polarity backlight level for the board we have.

The problem is that I can't see the display to run the WinCE AVRPROG application! Any ideas about how to update the ADSmartIO if I can't see the screen? I saw the post about wiring the backlight on(topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=641), but this inverter is integrated into our system and is hard to get to.

Thanks in advance, Bill

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  14:11:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
There are a couple ways you can upgrade:

1. Wire Backlight ON
As you noted, you can wire the backlight so it's always on. Most backlights work if you just leave the on/off pin floating. If you can reach the backlight cable, it's just a matter of carefully pulling one pin out of the connector.

2. Command prompt on serial port
If you can't do that easily, you also can update the ADSmartIO using the CE command prompt on one of the serial ports. Here are details:
a. Change your ADSLOAD.REG file to put the command prompt on one of your serial ports (see this topic for details).
b. If you have two serial ports, use one to monitor the debug port for status codes.
c. Put cmd.exe in the Startup folder of a PC Card and boot your system.
You should see the CE command
d. Type the following commands at the prompt (under the cmd prompt, file names in quotes are case-sensitive):
  copy "Storage Card\SMARTIO.BIN" \
avrprog
Note that the backlight may go off during reprogramming.

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000