GC+ Hangs / SmartIO
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

JSpano

6 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2002 :  18:30:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'm running a program that calls the read port B command every 250ms. If I begin to press keys on an attached keyboard, the read port B command stops responding, and the system resources are consumed by gwes.

I'm using a rev B pcb, with a sligthly modified version of the eVB program oftered here. The only difference is that a timer is used to read the ports and then display the results in hex. The smartIO firmmware is rev J. I noticed no activity on the SPI pins once the hangs start. It doesn't happen after one keypress (most of the time) but after multiple keypresses, in rapid succession. Once it begins to hang, I can still send keyboard messages (Like an ALT-TAB) but the response is slow, and sometimes it goes unnoticed. The key-click sound still occurs though.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a known work-around? I haven't seen anything on the fourm about it..

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2002 :  11:53:59  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Jason. Thanks for your note. This issue pertains to message handling between the ADSmartIO controller and the CPU. CE may get keypress information when it's expecting an A/D, keypad or digital I/O reading.

In GC Plus build 3.33, we updated the CE drivers for the ADSmartIO to better handle such potential conflicts. Can you try your test one of the newer builds of CE?
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000