Unable to load kernel from CompactFlash
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

dbrisbois

27 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2003 :  18:28:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have run into an interesting situation. I have two types of CompactFlash cards. One is a Lexar 32MB card and the other is a SimpleTech 256MB card. I am having no problems with the Lexar card. I am able to copy files to and from the SimpleTech card and I am able to load HWT and REG files. However, when I try to load a NK.BIN via the SimpleTech card it always fails. Does anyone have any ideas why this might happen?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2003 :  15:01:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi David.

The bootloader doesn't support NTFS, FAT32 or EXT2 file formats. You might try reformatting to FAT or FAT16. This forum post describes the issue.

Here's a similar alert from http://www.compactflash.org/ :
CompactFlash® User Alert
By default, Windows XP will format any CompactFlash card of 64MB or more with FAT32 format. Digital cameras and other devices use the FAT (FAT16) format and can not operate with a FAT32 formatted card. Either format your CompactFlash card in your camera or select FAT file system to format your CompactFlash card in a Windows XP PC.
Go to Top of Page

dbrisbois

27 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2003 :  08:53:06  Show Profile  Email Poster
I formatted the compact flash in FAT format and have the same issue. Is there a size limit with CF? Should I try a different brand?
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000