Unable to Turn Off Phone
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  13:50:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have an application which is using the TAPI interface to reach a remote PC. I have successfully established the connection, created the serial thread for reading/writing data, and implemented the packetizing thread.

I cannot turn off the phone. The lineDrop function returns LINEERR_OPERATIONFAILED (0x80000048). The call parameter to this function is checked for validity prior to invoking the function.

I have the book 'Windows CE 3.0 Application Programming'. It has very basic code for establishing, then terminating a call. I created a small program using that code. The lineDrop function in this case returns a POSITIVE value. It is not supposed to. lineDrop should return 0 or negative values.

I found a Microsoft Knowledge Base Article (315701) dealing with modem disconnect problems. Although the article does not match my problem on-point, I think we all agree that one Microsoft solution may solve dozens (maybe even hundreds) of other problems.

I am working with the Bitsy. The image date is May/2002. Is it possible that the fixes discussed in this article are not in the image I am working with?

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  11:38:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
I need to clarify the topic/problem.

I am not concerned about powering down the phone. I am having a problem with hanging it up.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2003 :  16:26:45  Show Profile  Email Poster
Susan and I have discussed this issue further, and it may come down to TAPI not controlling the DTR line properly. Susan's project is going to move away from TAPI for other reasons, so we're not going to pursue this right now.

Direct control of the Bitsy/BitsyPlus DTR line is possible as illustrated by the heartbeat app at topic 264.
Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2003 :  15:09:05  Show Profile  Email Poster
Just to follow up on this...

As of today, we have elected to remain with the TAPI interface. Among other points, it was entirely working except for the inability to hang-up the phone.

But, I finally had a chance to look at the heartbeat app, and integrate that code. Now the phone is hanging up also.

So, life is good, once more, in cell phone land.
Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2003 :  12:46:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
And to follow-up on the follow-up...

Life is still good in cell phone land, but, for testing purposes, I removed the newly integrated code patterned after the heartbeat app, and TOTALLY rebuilt the application. Yes, you guessed it! The phone hangs up without me explicitly toggling the DTR line. (I would have sworn that I had tested this a few days ago on the BitsyPlus and that it wasn't hanging up.)

Maybe it will stop working again tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2003 :  12:51:07  Show Profile  Email Poster
Definitely let us know if it does.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page