Beginner questions [what product and LCD to use?]
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

laiqahmed1

3 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  17:39:50  Show Profile
Hi.
I am new to interfacing TFT LCDs. I have decided to select Graphics Client PLus as my LCD controller. MY LCD is SHARP 10.4" TFT LQ104V1DG51.
I have to display some graphs, readouts, alarms & some text...
It will a kind of instrumentation device...
I have many questions in my mind...
First of all i need to know what OS should i select for my system.
In my mind i want it to be like a program written in C & running on a controller. During first boot there should be welcome screen on LCD & behind system is initializing its hardware & software. After this it goes into main program that is running the graphics plotting & text printing routines plus I/O monitoring & manipulating data for display on LCD....
So please forgive me for asking this childish & foolish questions.
I am asking this b/c i have experience of working with microcontrollers not with SBC & TFT LCDs...
So i want to clear some doubts from my mind by asking u guys...
So please help me in this to understand....
After this i will ask some more questions...
Many thanks in advance
With regards
LAIQ

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  17:43:45  Show Profile
There are a few considerations. What OS(es) are you comfortable using? Does your application have real-time requirements? What peripherals, if any, will you need to interface with?

Our sales staff would be happy to assist in helping to assess your needs and fitting them with the OS right for your application.
Go to Top of Page

laiqahmed1

3 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  18:05:34  Show Profile
Hi.
Thanks for your quick reply. I have been in contact with CHARLES & JACOB. But so far i have been able to select GRPAHICS CLIENT PLUS as my grpahics controller...
Now a days i am in conversation with Jacobs. But i need more answers to my questions ( some of them i have asked here)..
So for u i ask u same..
First of all it is actually MEDICAL EQUIPMENT..
I have some Modules which transmit & recieve commands & information via RS232 link.. I have three of them...
Also some I/O for alarm, keypad, etc...
But main part is displaying all that data which i am recieving from these modules on my TFT LCD...in the form of GRAPHS, readouts, alarms text messages etc...
Also u can say that it is REAL TIME system but as i am dealing with HUMAN PHYSIOLOGICAL DATA & all data is taken careof by these modules so i can afford FIFO style data handling...
About what OSes i am comfortable with i think i like to work in C language. I have been working on ATMEL AVR RISC processors using C language.. So thats why my thinking is like that...
I hope i have pointed out what i think & what i want...
About your sales staff yes if u can help & some one else who can help me in this i will be thankful to u...
As i want to have prompt replies (like u did) it saves time for me as my questions are answered quickly..
I have asked JACOB & now asking u that for GRAPHICS CLIENT PLUS i dont need ETHERNET LAN, CAN & PCMCIA interface...
I just need LCD controller for my SHARP LQ104V1DG51, FLASH or ROM for main program, I/O hardware, 3 or 4 serial ports for communicating with my modules...
Please reply in detail & help me in this so that i can finalize my system & start working on it..
Waiting for quick reply again
with regards
LAIQ
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000