General Hardware, ADSmartIO, Digital I/O and A/Ds
 BitsyPlus and signal /CARDB16
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  12:02:08  Show Profile

The signal /CARDB16 pin 4 of J9 (ESQT-125-02-F-D) is pulled to CARDBVCC with 10k resistor on the shematic of the Personality Board Rev 2.
When I start the Development system with Ethernet interface board then the Ethernet controller SMC9001 is detected and this signal goes HIGH.

When I start the BitsyPlus and our Ethernet Interface Hardware (identical with ADS hardware) then the Ethernet controller SMC9001 is detected but this signal (/CARDB16 pullup with 10k resistor)) goes LOW.

Is this signal (/CARDB16) a output or input of the Personality Board ?
If it is a input of the Personality Board then which conditions the BitsyPlus CPU board pulls this signal to LOW ?

Nghia

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  15:15:37  Show Profile
Hi Nghia! The CARDB16 signal is an input to the SA-1111. On the Bitsy Plus, CARDB16 goes directly from the SA-1111 to the output header with no pull-ups or other connections. On our Bitsy personality board, we tie CARDB16 to CARDBVCC through a pull-up resistor.

This sounds like an issue on your board. Good luck tracking it down!
Go to Top of Page

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  16:11:12  Show Profile
Hi Drew,
It is happenning the same with ADS Development system( BitsyPlus + Personality board (Ethernet version) + WinCE4.12) when I move the EEprom memory address of the Ethernet controller to 18hex.
After I reset the ADS Dev. system the signal /CARDB16 goes LOW (ca. 1sec) then goes HIGH and then goes LOW again when the WinCE destop windows appears on the touch screen with the dialog windows "Unidentified PCCard Adapter". The signal stays LOW.

That means some driver software detected some condition (not detected SMC9001 ?) then set this signal to LOW and stay LOW.

Note: If I plug our hardware to the ADS development system and run from there then it's working fine (/CARDB16 goes HIGH).
It has problem (/CARDB16 goes LOW) only when I run WinCE from BitsyPlus and our hardware.

Nghia.
Go to Top of Page

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2003 :  17:33:36  Show Profile
Hi Drew,
I turn on the system (BitsyPlus and the Ethernet controller adapter) without running any application software. I use oscilloscope to check the signal /CARDBREG (J9/pin 13). It shows that every 5ms (ca. 4.92ms) the signal /CARDBREG goes LOW ca. 80 times (without activating RD/WR control signals). It sound like the WinCE tries to polling some information.

I need your help to debugging the problem.
Does the signal /CARDBREG have the other function beside data read/write on the PCMCIA bus ?

Nghia.

Go to Top of Page

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2003 :  17:10:34  Show Profile

I found a solution for these problems: Upgrade CE.NET software with CE 4.13 image.

After I upgrade the Windows CE image version 4.13 (current version CE 4.12) the problems go away. The signals /CARDB16 and /CARDBREG are stable and stay HIGH.

Thanks,

Nghia.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000