All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 .NET Application Development
 ADSLibrary.ADSmartIO.BacklightOff()/On()
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2003 :  13:22:29  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hello

Users can initiate interacton with our application via various serial device readers. When the backlight is turned off via its timeout and a user swipes, say, a Mag card, the application reacts, but, unless a touch is made, the screen remains darkened.

I reviewed the BackLight section of the portal. I downloaded and ran the backlibhg_test.exe sample which functions correctly.

Then I found the ADSLibrary.dll which I really appreciate since I have, so far, coded the entire application in C#. I created a small, one-button, application to test out the Backlight functions:

private void button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
if(button1.Text.Equals("Turn Backlight Off"))
{
button1.Text = "Turn Backlight On";
ADSLibrary.ADSmartIO.BacklightOff();
}
else
{
button1.Text = "Turn Backlight Off";
ADSLibrary.ADSmartIO.BacklightOn();
}
}

I must be missing somethig because, although both function calls return without the program crashing, the display remains on through both.

Suggestions appreciated!

TIA,
Tom Dorgan.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2003 :  13:44:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
Your code looks alright, and a quick glance at the source (which is now downloadable) doesn't show anything obvious. My first suggestion is to step into the ADSLibrary source from your project and see what exactly is going on. If you're still having problems, let us know which device and image version you're using and we'll try to replicate the behavior here.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000