Where can I learn more about CAN?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

KnowledgeBase

296 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2002 :  14:49:05  Show Profile  Email Poster
Q: I don't know much about CAN, but need to use it in my application. Do you have any recommended reading to learn more about CAN?

One source for training is the Embedded Systems Academy (www.esacademy.com). The have online and live seminars about CAN and also list a bibliography (www.esacademy.com/products/books.htm) of recommended-reading.

See this topic for more links and information about CAN on ADS products.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2002 :  19:47:26  Show Profile  Email Poster
Another good source is the CiA (CAN in Automation) site. The site has a good overview of CAN, as well as information about several high-level CAN protocols.

As noted in elsewhere on this forum, ADS CAN drivers manage only the low-level CAN messaging functions.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2002 :  15:25:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
The Swedish CAN consulting company Kvaser has an informative site with tutorials and white papers about the CAN standard and higher level protocols, including J1939 (the automotive CAN standard).
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2002 :  17:41:04  Show Profile  Email Poster
If you'd like to do your own web search, try using keywords like "CAN bus standard automotive".
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2004 :  15:45:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
"Tutors of ESAcademy" have a decent portal site for users of CAN in the United States that contains links and additional tutorial information:

http://www.canbus.us/
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000