All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 CE Audio and Multimedia
 How to control the audio mixer in Windows CE ?
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Emmmanuel

4 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  05:48:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,
I'm using the BitsyX with WindowsCE 4.1

I'm trying to control the audio mixer in WindowsCE (mute lines, change volume...) but the functions that exist in Windows2000 like mixerOpen or mixerGetLineControls are not supported in WindowsCE.

Is there another way to do it ?

Edited by - Emmmanuel on 10 Nov 2003 07:33:49

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  09:26:55  Show Profile  Email Poster
Take a look at the waveOutXXXX APIs like waveOutOpen, waveOutSetVolume, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Emmmanuel

4 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2003 :  11:30:22  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thank you for your answer.
But my purpose is to route, from my application either the line in or the microphone to the speaker, or to set what line I record (I mean : to do exactly what I can do with the mixer/play control/record control in windows95/2000).
It seems the waveIn/waveOut functions don't allow to do that.

2nd problem : Independantly from my program, it seems I can't hear in the speakers at the same time what comes from the media player and from the line in. And I can't switch from one to the other. For example : if I play something with WMP, i can't hear what comes from the line in without resetting the bitsy. And if the line in is in use when I reset it, I can hear it, but I can't hear what is played by WMP without resetting the bitsy.

Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  17:50:06  Show Profile  Email Poster
For full-duplex audio, please take a look at (and possibly subscribe to) topic 1196. Full-duplex audio isn't yet implemented in the BitsyX CE audio driver, but we'll post information at that topic when it's completed.

As for controlling the mixer, your best bet is probably to manipulate the codec directly. We include IOCTL hooks in the AC97 audio driver to update the registers yourself. Take a look at the AudioLoop sample application, which we've just posted, for ideas about how to control the codec yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Emmmanuel

4 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2003 :  04:48:14  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thank you very much akidder.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page