General Hardware, ADSmartIO, Digital I/O and A/Ds
 BitsyX clock going backwards?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

jeffreyeshaver

9 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2003 :  13:05:25  Show Profile
We have BitsyX development systems and have seen strange behavior with time retrieval from an EVC++ program. Basically, the program sits in a tight loop, retrieving the time via CTime::GetCurrentTime (BTW, this also occurs with CoFileTimeNow on those builds that have DCOM), and comparing the latest time with the previous time through the loop. If the loop performs 100,000 iterations, there will be 6 or 7 instances in which the latest time retrieved is 1 second _PRIOR_ to the previous time retrieved. The BitsyX is not connected to a network when running the test. This occurs on builds 4.10.28, 4.10.30, 4.20.02, and 4.20.03. Ran the same app on several other CE.NET 4.1, 4.2, and Mobile 2003 platforms and did not see the behavior that the BitsyX exhibited.

Any thoughts on what is going on?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2003 :  13:21:57  Show Profile
Hmmm... interesting. My first thought is that this issue could have to do with synchronization of the system clock to the real-time clock (RTC). Do you have any indication of how often this "time reversal" occurs?

If you can email us the test code you're using, it will speed our evaluation of this issue.

Thanks!

p.s. Even though this post refers to CE.NET code, I agree that it makes sense to post it here, as the issue may apply to other operating systems as well.
Go to Top of Page

jeffreyeshaver

9 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2003 :  13:45:01  Show Profile
Thanks very much. The code is on its way.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2004 :  13:34:48  Show Profile
We didn't see this issue in our tests when using the GetSystemTime() API, so we've suggested that Jeffrey try bypassing the MFC calls to see if that takes care of the issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000