1 wire interface
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

iwabernethy

4 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  12:13:15  Show Profile
Hi,

Can anyone see how I can go about connecting a Maxim 1 wire interface device to the BitsyX personality board? I need a single pin that I can read and write to so an open drain or tri-state out put is necessary. Control of the signal timing quite accuratly is also needed. Bit speed needs to be around 12kbps.

Looking at the ADSmartIO I'm not sure if it will do it as I can't easily change from I to O.

I'm already making use of the three com ports and the CF interface.

Iain

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2004 :  14:28:43  Show Profile
Thanks for your note Iain. I don't think there is an easy way to support a 1-wire interface like you are suggesting. While the BitsyX has the "EIO" processor GPIOs that could be used for the interface, I suspect that you would run into a number of challenges in trying to implement the driver in software.

Have you considered using the I2C interface? The BitsyX provides external connections to the PXA255 I2C bus. We supply sample code for using the bus at topic 1402.

If a one-wire interface is a requirement of your application, please contact us with details about your project requirements and we will be glad to work with you to find the best solution that meets your needs.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000