Using SQL Server CE
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2004 :  12:10:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'd like to use SQL Server CE in my application but it's not installed on my device, what are the steps to get it working?

SQL Server for CE is not included in our evaluation images due to it's size (~2MB) but it can easily be installed manually or through an automated program (like ADSCopy).

You can get the SQL Server CE redistributable package either as a direct download from Microsoft or if you have Visual Studio 2003 installed, it is on your development PC. By default it is found in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\CompactFrameworkSDK\v1.0.5000\Windows CE\wce400\armv4t

You'll need to install the following three files:
  • sql.wce4.armv4t.CAB
  • sqlce.dev.wce4.armv4t.CAB
  • sqlce.wce4.armv4t.CAB

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2004 :  19:13:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
We've posted a working example of using ADSCopy to install SQL Server CE at Topic 1364.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2004 :  17:59:09  Show Profile  Email Poster
We've updated the ADSCopy example to do a GAC install of SQL Server CE
Go to Top of Page

mhuman1

36 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  16:26:48  Show Profile  Email Poster
I manually installed the three cab files mentioned above. I can use sqlce, but it goes away after I power down. I don't have battery backup. Is there a way to have the sqlce files installed such that I don't have to have battery backup??

Thanks,
Keith Stallings
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  16:36:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
Sure. Use the ADSCopy code that Chris put together (topic 1364, linked above). It re-installs the server after a cold boot. ADSCopy and the installation files reside on the non-volatile FlashFX disk.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000