Office Automation with eVC
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  12:16:07  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am generating a comma delimited TXT file, which my users import into Excel on their PC. I would instead like to write directly to an Excel spreadsheet from my 3.0 and/or 4.0 eVC app.

CreateDispatch() exists, but I cannot find documentation on parameter names for eVC. Would anyone have a clue? I would like to totally create the XLS programatically (as opposed to having a template already installed on the device, which would be copied, renamed, updated). A small sample application would be ideal naturally, even if it only created and closed the spreadsheet.

Also, if anyone has any reasons why creating the XLS programatically from the app is a bad idea, please enlighten me.

This is for both a Bitsy/3.33, 1.78 and BitsyX/4.10.36, 1.10.

Thank you all kindly.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  12:32:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
It's not a bad idea, it's just really far from simple. There are no automation API interfaces for Office or Pocket Office apps under CE, so your only workaround is to roll your own. That is very difficult as well because the format isn't documented.

I started a side project well over a year ago to provide a managed interface to Pocket Excel, so I'm well versed in the challenge. After several months of work I have a library that does most everything except the formula parsing and evaluation.

You're probably better off sticking with CSV files.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000