Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

v0id

5 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2004 :  15:34:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am not sure if this is a unique issue but:

My goal is to start the BitsyX device with a zcomax ethernet card (could be any ethernet card for that matter) plugged in and have it automatically connect to an existing LAN WITHOUT user interaction.

I've written a script to auto-install the zcomax drivers on the BitsyX on boot and then soft boot. Once windows starts again, the card is recognized fine, but an auto-configuration utility pops up to setup the network.

I have tried using a registry monitor to manually enter the LAN settings, however this auto-config utility persistantly pops-up. This does not occur with a Cisco LAN card.

Does anyone know how to bypass this auto-configuration utility? I am sure it is an issue related to zcomax (whom I hae contacted without reply), but posting here is worth a shot. Thanks!

-Anthony

v0id

5 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2004 :  16:09:24  Show Profile  Email Poster
Note:
The auto-configuration utility is the 'Zero-Config' for PRISM1 drivers on WINCE4.2
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2004 :  17:07:50  Show Profile  Email Poster
You might try determining exactly what files and registry keys are created with the driver installation (see the CAB file topic index for details). Armed with that information, you may be able to determine if the configuration utility is a standalone application. If so, you can add the registry keys to ADSLOAD.REG and install the other required file(s) using the script.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000