VGX / Hive / Static IP
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

85 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  13:22:46  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,

I've got a VGX running 4.2, and I want to change to a static IP address. I save the registry using the "ADS Persistent Registry" in the control panel, and perform 'restart.exe'. Back to DHCP. Further investigation yields that the EnableDHCP key of the SMC90001 keeps getting reset to 1 after the soft reset. I tried changing ALL the EnableDHCP keys to 0 in the registry, and saving, but no dice with this one. Why does it change back to 1? How can I get this key to persist?

Thanks

85 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  17:40:23  Show Profile  Email Poster
As a follow-up, it turns out this was due to a Factory-installed ADSLOAD.REG that overwrote my changes on boot.

See
topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=843#adsload.reg_precedence

for more info. There's also a ADSLOADExtract program around here somewhere that lets one find out what the supplied ADSLOAD.REG is!
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  17:43:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the follow-up. ADSLOADExtract is useful, but our current CE builds make it even easier. You can pull a copy of the REG and HWT files directly out of the \Temp folder in the CE file system.
Go to Top of Page

85 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2004 :  16:56:38  Show Profile  Email Poster
To be clear, what kind of persistent registry does the VGX use? Heap-based RAM or HIVE? In retrospect, I'm thinking it is Heap-based, since we need to use the Control Panel Persistence Tool to write it out. Did I miss this somewhere?

Also, since there is no RAPI RegFlushKey (i.e. CeRegFlushKey), it looks like I need to use CeRapiInvoke, unless y'all have a better idea.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000