Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2004 :  09:55:29  Show Profile  Email Poster
BitsyX, 4.10.36, 1.10

We placed an entry in ADSLoad.reg effectively disabling the USB client driver:

; Disable USB Client driver, pin UDC- and UDC+ are floating
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\USB]
"Dll"="Changeme_sa_usb_ser.Dll"

Cross-reference to Forum Topic 1409, noting that this solved problems we were having with our Bitsy system.

I boot to the desktop and place a Rainbow SuperPro key into the USB port. The BitsyX then prompts me with "Unidentified USB Device", "Enter the name of the driver for this USB device."

Note that with or without the above registry key in my BitsyX ADSLoad.reg, as soon as I insert the Rainbow key, the BitsyX prompts me for the name of the driver.

If you recall from Paul's visit to your site back in February of this year, our customers were having frequent boot and run-time issues with their Bitsy-based devices. These issues have been apparently solved with the inclusion of the above registry key.

We are now having very similar, very frequent boot and run-time issues with our BitsyX based systems, but the inclusion of the above registry key does not solve the problem. Our end-products do not include your personality board; neither do some of our in-house development systems. It is on these systems that we are having the boot and run-time problems.

And to complete the circle, we have just tested the Rainbow SuperPro USB key on a Bitsy, 3.33/1.78, with the above registry key entered in ADSLoad.reg. The "Unidentified USB Device" message was NOT displayed.

One more test with the BitsyX, 4.10.36/1.10 with the above registry entry in ADSLoad.exe...Active Sync fails - the PC responds with USB Device Not Recognized, but at the same time, inserting a memory stick in the 'A' USB port not only does not fail, but I am able to read the contents of the memory stick on the BitsyX.

Edited by - Susan on 24 Nov 2004 15:40:00
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000