Ethernet, IR, Serial, CAN and high speed data
 Network available? Servers hang w/o enet cable
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

85 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2005 :  17:01:29  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have this little server I wrote that works just dandy except when the ethernet cable is pulled, or the cable is not present when the server is started.

I've duplicated similar behavior with the CE http server -- pull the cable for a bit, plug it back in, hit ctrl-refresh in your PC's browser -- no answer (no activity light on the VGX's rj-45). But, if you ping the device from your PC, it wakes up (activity light starts blinking). Or, if you ping out from the device, it wakes up the interface (well, actually 'ping' errors out on the first try with error '11010' -- network unavailable). Ideally, I'd like the interface to wake itself up after link loss, but I'll settle for a nice 'isNetworkAvailable' API... ;-}

I assume this has to do with sockets that are listening but the network isn't available -- they don't start listening when the network comes up again unless told to 'Listen' again? Hence the need to know if the network is available.

Using: VGX, CE 4.20.22

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2005 :  17:25:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
Actually we're in the process of validating a new Ethernet driver for the VGX. I just tested your scenario and the new driver handles it properly and reconnects without intervention, so the next VGX release will fix the issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000