General Hardware, ADSmartIO, Digital I/O and A/Ds
 Speaker Outputs on AGX
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Instron

8 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2005 :  17:04:08  Show Profile
Has anyone tried turning the speaker outputs on and off using the HP_IN pin on J40. I have a speaker across SPKR+ and SPKR- and regardless of whether I jump HP_IN to ground or not the speaker stays on. Is this correct? Are there any known problems with switching between diff and single ended audio mode on this board?

Ludwig Cloetens

11 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2005 :  01:37:26  Show Profile
The HP_IN signals controls only the switching between diff and single ended, so it is normal that your speaker still produces sound when you switch to any off these modes. The sound will be louder in differential mode than in single ended mode.

Switching off the sound could be done in software, check the control panel applet (in Windows CE).
Go to Top of Page

Instron

8 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  09:25:53  Show Profile
Thank you for the response. We in fact don't need to disable the sound output right now. I just wanted to make sure that the jumper from HP_IN to ground(which is the default state of the board) was not required to produce sound. This make the cabling requirements simpler from our perspective. Running our speaker in single end mode seems to be working fine.

Thanks again.
EHL
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000