Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

smurray

1 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2005 :  16:44:07  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,

I'm having some problems getting the VGX dev system to talk at 100Mbps using the on-board ethernet jack. I'm using a 7 ft. crossover cable connected directly to my dev pc, and things are working correctly. When I try to test the connection (via ping), packets are dropping at a rate of about 20%. Also, file transfers via ActiveSync don't work, and using Remote RegEdit doesn't work either. At 10Mbps, no packets are dropped, and everything works fine. Is there some issue with running 100Mbps? What about Full vs. Half Duplex?

On an unrelated topic, is there anyway to use the CE regedit to edit registry values? It seems that everything I type in is assumed to be a string (i.e., I need it to be a dword).

Thanks,
Steve

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2006 :  11:47:59  Show Profile  Email Poster
Update

Revision D of the VGX, released in 2005, makes a number of changes to the Ethernet signals. Most notably, the Ethernet signals are hard-routed either to the RJ-45 socket or to header J9 for off-board use, and not to both at the same tme. We found that the "Y" of the signal paths created stubs that made high-speed operation unreliable under some conditions.

VGX users have reported that this change has resolved the issues that they had been experiencing with 100BT Ethernet.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000