MAC address on the AGX board (& GCP)
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

perletz

10 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  08:57:04  Show Profile  Email Poster
Do you ship the AGX boards each with a unique, appropriately registered, MAC address? If so, can we ship our end product with the ADS supplied MAC address? (The AGX based ethernet port is the only ethernet port on our product.)

Thank you.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  09:41:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
Yes, all ADS devices with on-board ethernet controllers are pre-programmed with a unique registered MAC address that is suitable for shipping.
Go to Top of Page

Simonson

6 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2006 :  13:04:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
When did Graphics Client Plus boards start shipping with MAC addresses programmed in them? What serial number would that be?

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2006 :  14:11:42  Show Profile  Email Poster
All our products with Ethernet controllers also have pre-programmed MAC addresses.

Can you give us more detail about what you need?
Go to Top of Page

Simonson

6 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2006 :  15:02:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
In the WinCE Developers Guide, Section 2.10.3, it mentions that units shipped before the ethernet driver was developed were not issued MAC addresses. Our application uses the MAC address as a way of identifying each individual unit. However, we did not implement this routine until recently. I was curious as to whether we have overlooked something when we update our older field units with our new application.

As a related note, we have run across 1 GCP that appears to inconsistently report its MAC address. That system is to be, or was already, returned to ADS for someone to look at.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2006 :  15:31:34  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the details. I see why you're asking, now. The GC Plus has had a working Ethernet driver for many (many) years now, so I think you can count on the boards having a MAC address.

One check of the MAC address that you might run is ensure that the address is not all zeroes or all FF's. That would probably be sufficient to ensure that the MAC address is valid. MAC addresses on our boards currently start with 00-60-0C, but I wouldn't use that as a check, since that address could change in the future.

Let us know if there is more detail we can provide.

If the MAC address is inconsistent, you're right to consider returning it for repair.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000