Problem with barcode reader
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

haka

31 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  03:05:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am using a Datalogic Dragon barcoder reader and it is attched to PS/2 port the problem is that it missing character sometimes and also it happens that the character is duplicated has smartIO problem to handle fast input on the PS/2 ? If use the USB port works the bardode fine (I use a PS/2 to USB adapter but I don't want to use that).On PC the barcoder works fine on PS/2.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  16:15:27  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your note. From our previous correspondence, do I recall correctly that you are using a Bitsy Plus?

In 2001 we dealt with a similar scanner issue on the GC Plus. I think at the time we made a number of changes to the ADSmartIO firmware, including increasing the buffer size, improving fault tolerance and eliminating filtering we'd been doing on scan codes. Take a look at the notes for GC Plus rev 4017J for details.

I believe that the Bitsy Plus firmware incorporated the same improvements, but it's possible that it did not. The PS/2 port was designed for human-rate data entry from a keyboard, and it could be that the firmware hasn't been updated to support machine entry like the one you are using.

If you think we should take a closer look at this issue for you, write us with details about the scanner you're using and the application (e.g. how many bytes of data scanned at one time, data rate from scanner, etc). We'll be glad to discuss it further with you.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000