ADSmartIO for BitsyX
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

scottpotter

7 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  12:06:43  Show Profile  Email Poster
Is an updated version of the ADSmartIO user's manual available for the BitsyX? The posted version shows pinouts for the GC in section 3. We would like to use configuration 2 with A/D inputs and want to be sure of the ports and pinouts.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  18:44:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your post. We're in the process of updating many of our manuals, and the ADSmartIO manual is definitely in the queue. However, the user manual and update information posted at topic 306 is quite accurate.

Right now, the most common source of confusion from the existing manual is that our current products are not using the SIOSelectOption() feature (read more). The feature added an unnecessary level of complexity to the driver.

Feel free to ask questions if you're not clear about how to use the ADSmartIO, but topic 306 should answer most questions.
Go to Top of Page

scottpotter

7 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  19:06:56  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks, this actually brings up another point. If I have only one analog input on PA0 can I use PA1 through 3 as digital inputs? How about as digital outputs? I find that I am short of I/Os if all of port A is reserved for analog input.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  19:20:55  Show Profile  Email Poster
Yes, you can use the remaining Port A pins as digital IOs. The ATMega microcontroller is pretty flexible that way.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000