High-speed data bus available?
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

KnowledgeBase

296 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2002 :  15:59:32  Show Profile  Email Poster
Q: My hardware generates a lot of data. Do your products have an expansion bus I can use?

Yes. The Bitsy exposes the compact flash bus for use by end applications. The bus is 16 bits wide and has 11 bits address. Data rates are adjustable through the processor configuration registers up to a maximum rate of 17MHz (about 275 Mbps). Note that actual speed depends on operating system efficiency, as there's no DMA for this bus.

------------------
ADS Knowledge Base

tempo

26 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2002 :  12:14:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
Running WinCE how do I read/write data using that bus ?
Can I have a CF Card on the bus and use the bus for memory mapped IO ?
Go to Top of Page

tom.hill

16 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2002 :  09:54:51  Show Profile  Email Poster
We are also interested in using the CF bus. If we use the bus, does that mean we can't use the CF? How do we use the bus?
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2002 :  10:15:42  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Tom: Thanks for your note. We have a couple driver libraries we've used for access to the CF bus that we'd be glad to share with you. Contact us with details about your application and the operating system and we'll get them out to you. The CE drivers are available at topic 845.

Drew Kidder
ADS Technology Transfer

Edited by akidder 14-Mar-2003: Link to CE CF bus drivers.
Go to Top of Page

gschlacter

1 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  11:27:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
Regarding the CF bus interface...
Does ADS have any reference designs using HDL for an FPGA that will interface directly onto the CF bus?
The user could then add their own interface to the non-CF side of the interface. This could also handle data-width reformatting IE: 32bit -> 16bit and visa-versa.

thanks,
guy
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2002 :  11:55:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hello, Guy. We don't have a reference design like this at this time. The StrongARM does support a mode that double-clocks 16-bit data in and out to simulate a 32-bit bus, so the external glue would not be very complicated.

The bus uses the signals from the CF bus. You can get the CF bus standard from http://www.compactflash.org/ and the 32-bit mode is described in the StrongARM manual.

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000