Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

rabreese

7 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  06:23:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
We are a running a .NET app on BitsyX with CE 4.20
Our app runs fine up until the point where we wake up after a sleep. (We're running off a battery and need to save power). After the wake up (not usually straight after - usually much later) our app slows to a snail's pace: 10-20 times slower. We are using keypad wakeup and digital I/O, but believe we are managing those correctly before and after wakeup.
I can't debug it - the act of going to sleep breaks the connection (and anyway the BitsyX doesn't wake up if there's an ethernet cable attached).
I'm really looking for suggestions of things to try; tools to use -"process monitors" all seem to need a network connection...

Thanks,
Richard Breese

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  07:22:17  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the details, Richard. I see how it can be tricky thing to debug. Can you let us know which build of CE for the BitsyX you're using? (4.20.xx)
Go to Top of Page

rabreese

7 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  07:50:48  Show Profile  Email Poster
We're running 4.20.32

Thanks,
Richard
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2006 :  10:40:28  Show Profile  Email Poster
I would attack this problem in 2 ways:

1. enable the performance statistics log file output. Run your app without the problem (don't sleep/wake) and save the log, then run it again and reproduce the problem and save that log. Run the app for the same amount of time with the same activity in both. The differences might provide some info on what's happening.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetcomp/html/netcfperf.asp

2. Create a simple monitor app that uses the Toolhelp APIs to view the memory and heap usage of your app over time. Use it like in #1 - testing with no failure and with and see if there's a pattern. A start can be found here, though it doesn't have the memory or heap stuff, it does show how to get the process snapshots.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetcomp/html/ProcessManager.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000