IAGM SDK: Warning LNK1166
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

jjmackay

24 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  05:07:30  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have convert my projects from eVc 3.0 that was compiling successfully using the HPC2000 and the old ADSMAXALL SDK.

Now in eVc 4.0 SP4 and using the IAGM SDK; I get this warning fora few projects:
Linker warning LNK1166: cannot adjust code at offset

This is documented by MS to prevents a defect in some Texas Instruments chips:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/7/3/a735c7fb-dcbd-429f-9090-d09b3b15d3fa/ReleaseNotes.htm

If I use the /Gy options, the warning go away for all projects but one. I will admit that there are a few functions that could be break down in smaller functions.

My question is: Is there a potential problem on the GCPlus if I ignore that warning? Can I ignored the warning if everything was working fine when compiled with eVc 3.0?

Thank you

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2006 :  06:05:46  Show Profile  Email Poster
The problem is specific to method code spanning pages on the OMAPs. If you're certain that the binary you're building will never be run on a TI processor you can safely ignore the warning. If there's a possibility that you may run the binary on a TI processor, or to simply avoid the possible risk of the bug from processors that haven't been released, you might consider splitting the large functions into smaller code blocks.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000