How to create a shortcut to desktop
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

vtk100

40 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  10:31:01  Show Profile  Email Poster
Would somebody can show me how to create a shortcut for an app.exe to desktop permanently ? It means after hard reset, my shortcut is always there.

My device is BitsyX, CE 4.20.13, Symbol LA-4137, keyboard and no mouse. When my system starts, the Mobile Companion icon appears on the taskbar. I can't click on it (no mouse) to configure the network parameters...So I have to create a shortcut to desktop in order to open "Mobile Companion" by keyboard.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  11:03:59  Show Profile  Email Poster
You could create a shortcut (.LNK file) and save it to the flash disk.

Use ADSCopy to copy it to the desktop folder (\Windows\Desktop) at boot.
Go to Top of Page

vtk100

40 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2006 :  15:39:23  Show Profile  Email Poster
I created the NICTT.LNK shortcut but when I click on it nothing happens...Does the NICTT.exe is Mobile Companion app ?
Go to Top of Page

vtk100

40 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2006 :  12:48:04  Show Profile  Email Poster
Any news ???
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2006 :  13:05:19  Show Profile  Email Poster
Does the application you're linking to work when you click it directly?

The answer will tell you if the issue lies with the shortcut or with the app you're linking to.
Go to Top of Page

vtk100

40 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2006 :  10:33:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
No, there is nothing done when I tap on it even I tap on NICTT.exe . When the Wireless Spectrum24 is inserted or after system reset, the Mobile Companion starts automatically and appears an icon on the task tray. I have to tap on the icon (with mouse) to open the utility for setting up. But my product doesn't provide a mouse...
Go to Top of Page

kurtwl

28 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2006 :  11:04:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
Does Remote Process Viewer not show what is running?
Go to Top of Page

vtk100

40 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2006 :  09:42:17  Show Profile  Email Poster
I want to clarify that the Mobile Companion application (Spectrum24 LA-4137) works fine on the BitsyX, CE 4.20.13 build.

The only reason I want to create a Mobile Companion's shortcut is that our product don't provide a mouse (it's not praticable using a mouse for industrial product). But the main problem is without mouse, there's not possible to open the Mobile Companion utility (to open it I have to tap on icon on the task tray ).
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2006 :  10:37:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
That's simply how the Mobile COmpanion application works. A shortcut is going to give the same behavior. If you need to have it behave differently, like opeing the UI, then you'll have to write an app that simulates the mouse messages as if someone were tapping the icon.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000