Author Topic  

jnosek

3 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2006 :  17:47:24  Show Profile  Email Poster
Moved From Topic 1241
quote:
Originally posted by jmoger
Hmm.... this looks promising...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wceddk5/html/wce50lrfioctldiskgetstorageid.asp

Unfortunately I don't seem to have diskio.h and/or definitions for STORAGE_IDENTIFICATION or IOCTL_DISK_GET_STORAGEID.

I want to be able to read a unique identifier from a USB mass storage device and compare that to an encrypted file saved on the USB mass storage device which contains the same value. If the values match, then additional features will be activated in my software. If they don't match (the encrypted file has been copied to a different USB mass storage device) then the features won't be activated. Simple anti-piracy.

Correspondingly, I would need to be able to obtain the same identifier from Windows XP in order to create the encrypted file.

The actual meaning of the ID doesn't matter... device serial number, volume serial number, etc... as long as its unique to that formatted USB device.

Any pointers?

We have never used this functionality before and are not sure if ADS Boards currently support this feature. We will research if this implementation is possible on ADS Boards.
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000