BitsyX SPI
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

phetherington

0 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  12:11:09  Show Profile
Trying to determine if the SPI signals are available on the personality board. Are they? And if so, where? Thanks in advance.

Looking at the schematic (Bitsy Connector Board Rev A) I see SPI signals on J26 but can't find J26 on the board itself. Searching the forum I do see that the SPI signals are on J3 of the Bitsy CPU board and there is some misleading info in Topic #?(Bitsy Personality Board --Schematic)(I still can't figure out how to determine the topic number of a topic Im viewing. I think I was told to look in the address bar of ie, but its not there).

Documentation\Documention
Bitsy Personality Board -- Schematic
Rev A
Known Issues
- SPI TX and RX signals on J3 are reversed. (see topic 679)

As far as I can tell the Personality Board does not have a J3. The know issue must be regarding J3 on the Bitsy X CPU board, not the personality board.

I think I have a rev A personality board (170111-8000A) and a rev C bitsyx board (900115-0100c). (why not just put artwork REV A and REV C on the boards?)

phetherington

0 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  07:46:38  Show Profile
Found J3 on the personality board and apparently the SPI signals are not brought out on a connector on the personality board.
Go to Top of Page

jnosek

3 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  10:58:45  Show Profile  Email Poster
You are correct in that the SPI signals are found on J3 of the Personality Board, and are not brought out anywhere externally.

In order to gain access to them without designing your own Personality Board, you can solder wires directly to the BitsyX pins or Personality Board Pins of the J3 connector.

Other options involve inserting header extenders for each jumper header that connects the Personality Board to the BitsyX so you connect wires to the pins you wish to tap off of the BitsyX, without soldering to the BitsyX or the Personality Board. This would result in raising the personality board higher off of the BitsyXb.
Go to Top of Page

phetherington

0 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2006 :  11:02:39  Show Profile
Got it. Thanks jnosek
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page