Lost Power Supply
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

gilmotta

0 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  13:32:13  Show Profile
We've lost the power supply that came with my kit. I see that the miniDIN has three wires (orange&red and blue) I am connecting a power supply that we use in the lab but nothing happens.

First, I tried 5VDC and second 12VDC. But the AMP needle shows that the board is drawing more than 3 AMPS.

Am I doing the right thing here? Do I need more than 12VDC/3 AMPS. The current is looks really high.

Thanks,

gilmotta

0 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  14:10:17  Show Profile
Apparently I cannot go by the color of the wires. Orange&Red = GND and Blue = 12VDC.

Still my board will not boot. There is an iluminated LED under the PCMCIA but my display is off. I hope that I have not fried the display.
Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  14:25:14  Show Profile
If you are testing the BitsyX, the schematic for the Bitsy personality board is located on Forum topic 408. J16 is the DC_IN the power connection. Check to see if your connections are correct according to the schematic.

If not BitsyX please specify.

You are right, 3AMP is quite high. If you connected it improperly you may have damaged the board.
Go to Top of Page

gilmotta

0 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  14:31:44  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Originally posted by jjoseph[/i]
[br]You are right, 3AMP is quite high. If you connected it improperly you may have damaged the board.

I think I reversed the pollarity because I followed the color of the wires since I did not have the schematic.

There is one LED on but the display is dead. Do you think that I burned the hardware? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2006 :  15:56:56  Show Profile
Hook it up properly and cross your fingers. If it has been damaged then you may need to send it back to ADS for repair. If this is the case, email us at ADS for further information.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000