USB PC driver for XScale devices for VISTA
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

dsummersgill

0 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2007 :  07:10:18  Show Profile
Has anybody been able to successfully connect a VGX device to VISTA for development?

The drivers seem to load, but the device is not "browseable" nor is it seen by "Mobile Device Center"

Thanks,

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2007 :  08:36:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
Are you using the Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center Driver for Windows Vista?

I'm not sure if it requires ActiveSync 4.5 beta 2.
Go to Top of Page

dsummersgill

0 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2007 :  08:44:26  Show Profile
Yes, Mobile Device Center replaces ActiveSync. ActiveSync (any version) is not used or supported on Vista.

Edited by - dsummersgill on 07 Feb 2007 08:45:13
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2007 :  10:50:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
We're not using Vista, so don't have a lot of feedback for you. I do know that some developers are using RNDIS and TCP/IP connections instead of ActiveSync for their development purposes.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2007 :  11:11:15  Show Profile  Email Poster
We're (OpenNETCF, not ADS) using Vista to debug on a BitsyXb with RNDIS. Once we get it documented, I'll post it and provide a link here.
Go to Top of Page

Tim

39 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2007 :  13:05:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
Anyone have any success with Mobile Device center? I have tried but haven't been able to connect. Mobile Device center doesn't see my VGX board.
Go to Top of Page

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2007 :  14:30:29  Show Profile
The topic for debugging without ActiveSync is here. We do not use Vista at this time but you can try the TCPIP method which should avoid the Mobile Device/ActiveSync issues.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2007 :  16:53:41  Show Profile  Email Poster
Sorry it took so long, but we've got it up. If you need to debug against a CE 5.0 (or 6.0) device from a Vista machine, here's the process.
Go to Top of Page

85 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2007 :  17:42:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Our product uses the active sync connection for administration. Customers are asking us about Vista support -- Vista is coming whether we want to support it or not. We bought a Vista machine, but the VGX doesn't show up via the Mobile Device Center. Presumably, a piece of software would need to run on the VGX to service the connection like active sync. Any thoughts? Links? Timelines for integration?
Go to Top of Page

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2007 :  17:46:50  Show Profile
Yes the Vista train does seem to be gathering momentum. We are looking into this. I do not have a timeline as yet, but we will generate a post when we have something for you.
Go to Top of Page

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2007 :  17:42:40  Show Profile  Email Poster
For creating a WMDC connection from a PC running Windows Vista to an ADS device running Windows CE, please refer to topic 2497.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000