GPIO mapping to EIO lines
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

rpizzo

24 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  00:26:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi, Sorry to bring this up again...but I was trying a sample app from the forums that had initialized an array of 4 lines GPIO1-GPIO4 and had read and write methods to access. For example:
m_hEIO[0] = CreateFile(_T("GPI1:"), GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE, 0, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL);

The documentation however pretty much deals with EIO0 (not 1) etc..
Is EIO0 == GPIO1 ?

Simple question but I am trying to troubleshoot this circuit and all seems well in the signals but the code isn't seeing it.
Thanks in advance for any advice!

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2007 :  10:14:52  Show Profile
Hi,
There is a GPIO cross reference in the BitsyX users manual section 4.1.6. The EIO0 signal is J10 pin 8, listed in section 3.3.9 of the manual. The Users manual can be found at Forum Topic 884.
Go to Top of Page

rpizzo

24 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2007 :  15:51:27  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the info. According to that table, the GPIO only goes from EIO0 - EIO3. How does my code access EIO4 and up? I've read the BitsyX manual and found the pinouts for these extra lines, just need to know how my program can read them.
Go to Top of Page

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2007 :  15:56:42  Show Profile
Hi,
The EIO values are sprinkled through the table. For EIO5-EIO8, take a look at GP 19-22 on page 21 of the BitsyX User's manual.
Go to Top of Page

rpizzo

24 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2007 :  00:56:27  Show Profile  Email Poster
Getting warmer...can you provide me a code snippet to show how I can access those extra EIO lines? That would be a huge help!
Go to Top of Page

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2007 :  14:12:38  Show Profile
Ahh, now I see the problem. The sample app you were referencing has been deprecated. The sample app
here will allow you access to all the pins.

Go to Top of Page

rpizzo

24 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  21:15:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thank you, I think this is going to work. Is the DIO driver going to be on my older BitsyX boards or is it somethjing I have to install?
Go to Top of Page

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  09:50:33  Show Profile
If you are using an older BitsyX and older OS, it is probably a good idea to upgrade your BitsyX to the latest Windows CE build. The build downloads and history can be found here.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000