Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

jeffyech

22 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2008 :  16:57:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Two Part question:

I have a GCX with Win CE 5.0. How do I develop an application that needs the MFC libraries? They are all missing? Do I static link them or can I get a build with the required libraries installed, so I can dynamically link them? I can run the application remotely from VS 2005 because the files required are transferred with the application.exe.

After converting the application from evc 3.0 to VS 2005 I noticed that all my fonts are wrong. I checked the resource file and the dialog properties and they converted correctly. Is there a difference in font characteristics from Win CE 3.0 to Win CE 5.0?

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  09:44:39  Show Profile  Email Poster
Studio 2005 uses MFC 8.0, whis is different than the 3.0 or 4.0 versions that came with eVC 3.0 and 4.0 respectively. In fact Platform Builder 5.0 itself does not have a component for the MFC 8.0 bits that come in Studio. You need to deploy the MFC binaries along with your application executable. For a default installation, the files can be found at the not-so-intuitive location of C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ce\Dll\armv4i

For the font issues, it's likely that the font your application is using simply doesn't exist on the device, so GDI is just using what it can find as a "best match".

Edited by - ctacke on 10 Feb 2008 09:51:15
Go to Top of Page

jeffyech

22 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  10:59:54  Show Profile  Email Poster
I understand that adsload.exe will be copied as a startup application, if the correct boot switches are used. That said--how will I copy the binaries to the GCX for a standalone product? In the past all the binaries existed so this wasn't an issue.
Go to Top of Page

jeffyech

22 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2008 :  12:03:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
I put the binaries in the FlashFX Disk System folder, which I created and that worked. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000