Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mcmalburg

28 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2008 :  21:33:53  Show Profile  Email Poster
System = BitsyXb, WInCe 5.0

I found some items in the forum on the backlight but I was unable to get them to work. I also have some I/O that I need in a particular state on power up and sleep.

I would like to know what needs to be done or put into the regestry files in order to accomplish the following tasks:

1. Power up – I need the following pins to power up in the following states:
a. The backlight pin to power up at a logic 1 in order for my backlight to be on.
b. I/O pin EIO2 to power up at a logic “0”
c. I/O pin EIO3 to power up at a logic “1”
d. I/O pin EIO4 to power up at a logic “1”
2. Sleep mode – When the system goes to sleep I need the following to happen.
a. Backlight needs to go to a logic “0”
b. I/O pin EIO2 to a logic “1”
c. I/O pin EIO3 to a logic “0”
d. I/O pin EIO4 to a logic “0”
3. Power switch/wake up - I have a momentary switch connected to /RQONOFF
When the power switch is depressed I need the system to go into the opposite state that it is currently in. It should follow the above described states.

Thanks

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2008 :  09:02:37  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the details. You've got several different kinds of IO going on here, so I'll address them individually.

Backlight Control
We have registry keys and hardware table entries to set the power-up and sleep states of the backlight. It sounds like we've got a couple of things to tune up on the BitsyXb backlight control. We're looking into this.

I/O Pins at Boot
The IOs start up as inputs. To control the power-up state of a pin, use a 5k or 10k pull-up or pull-down.

I/O Pins During Sleep
Our IOs typically retain their powered state while asleep. You can trap the sleep request event and put the IOs in the desired state before putting the system to sleep.

Power Switch
The RqOnOff input is the wake/sleep switch. It works as you describe to alternate between running and sleep states.

Drop us a line at support.us@eurotech.com and we can work out the backlight and any other details to get your application running the way you need.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000