Extracting ADSLOAD.REG and .HWT
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ljoy

22 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2008 :  09:47:51  Show Profile  Email Poster
Q: How can I see the contents of ADSLOAD.REG and ADSLOAD.HWT files installed on my device?
A: Those files are copied (along with ADSLOAD.EXE) to a folder called \TEMP. Open "My Device" or "My Computer" on the desktop, then copy the TEMP folder over to your PC, where you can open it to view the contents.

Q: What if my CE version does not have a TEMP folder?
A: Some of our older CE builds do not have the TEMP folder. The configuration files can also be extracted using any terminal program that allows data capture. The following procedure uses HyperTerminal:
A. Connect your PC to your device’s Debug Port.
B. In HyperTerminal’s program menu, select "Transfer" | "Capture Text" and provide the path and filename for your backup (e.g. “C:\Backups\ADSLOAD.TXT”).
C. From the debug menu, select option 6, “Display Files in the Flash” and you will get the following menu:
1] ADSLOAD.BMP (The BMP File)
2] ADSLOAD.HWT (The hardware register table)
3] ADSLOAD.REG (The registry file)
4] ADSLOAD.EXE (The startup application)
5] NKLOAD.BIN (The WINCE image)
D. Choose the file you wish to back up (in this example option 3). The file contents will scroll through on HyperTerminal’s main screen while simultaneously writing to the file location selected in Step E. Note that even though the debug menu has options for binary files, you can only extract the ADSLOAD.REG and ADSLOAD.HWT text files through HyperTerminal.
F. Stop capturing HyperTerminal’s output by selecting from the program menu "Transfer" | "Capture Text" | "Stop".
G. Now open the target text file to trim any of the debug menu output from the start and/or end of the file that may have also been captured. Rename it as appropriate.
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000