Supercaps on BitsyXb
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

alintz

12 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2008 :  11:02:50  Show Profile  Email Poster
We are (finally) transitioning from the BitsyX board with the supercap option factory installed, to the BitsyXb board in which we have to install our own supercaps. I think the parts I need are 2 Cooper B1020-2R5335 supercaps, and either JST connector 02ZR-8M (IDC) or JST connector ZHR-2 housing with SZH-002T-P0.5 crimps. Does anyone have details they could share on how they make up that connector or how they attach the supercaps to the BitsyXb in nominally the same place as the BitsyX? We could RTV the supercaps together and then RTV them onto whatever components are on the board, but that doesn't seem too elegant. There is a plated through hole in that area that might be helpful. Any suggestions or drawings would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Andy Lintz
PP Systems

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2008 :  17:34:44  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Andy, if you would like Eurotech Inc team to develop a design for you, feel free to email us your request.
Go to Top of Page

ppsystems

14 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2008 :  14:35:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
I believe the BitsyXb User Manual 110118-00013 Rev 3 incorrectly describes the polarity of the supercap connections at J11. Pin 1 is connected to ground, so should be Supercap negative, and Pin 2 has +5 Volts on it when external power is applied, so should be Supercap positive. Can someone with a schematic confirm this?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

grenierm

133 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2008 :  15:53:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Andy,
Thank you for raising this question.

Not to worry though, the SuperCap information for header J11 in Section is 3.3.9 of the BitsyXb User’s Manual is correct as stated.

SuperCap Header J11:
J11.1 = Positive Connection
J11.2 = Negative Connection
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000