Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

vboccanfuso

30 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  14:36:52  Show Profile
Hi,

I'm looking for a VS 2005 MFC Smart Device Application example project for the Sphere II so I know how to set up the project properly for my application. I'm particularly interested in how the Addititonal Include Directories should be set up. Since I'm using the ADS SDK for CE 5.0, should I add the following includes first so that they are used before the std CE libraries that come with VS 2005? Do these completely replace the std CE libraries? Thanks in advance.
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\ADS_CE_5.0\Mfc\include
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\ADS_CE_5.0\Include\Armv4i
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\ADS_CE_5.0\Atl\include

ljoy

22 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2008 :  12:01:56  Show Profile  Email Poster
There are no standard Windows CE libraries or header files that come with Visual Studio. To build for Windows CE you are required to have an SDK that adds the libraries and header files. For this reason we create and distribute an SDK.

All you need to do is create a project and select the ADS SDK which then shows up as your solution platform.
Go to Top of Page

vboccanfuso

30 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  15:51:42  Show Profile
This has not been my experience. I’ve done what you have said, but the project appears to be using CE files from VS2005

For example,

When I include the windows file below, it pulls in the version that came with VS2005, not the SDK version:

#include "afxwin.h" ==> uses C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\ce\atlmfc\include\afxwin.h

The reason it pulls certain files from VS2005 is becuase the search path for the Include Directores specifies to use VS2005 before the ADS files. I assume this is correct since this is the default and follows the same pattern as the other SDKs (PocketPC, SmartPhone). Can someone verify that this is correct?

Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2008 :  17:32:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
Right, and that's a Windows CE file (hence the "\VC\ce\atlmcf" in the path. This is correct behavior. If you create a project and target the ADS SDK when you create it, the environment will get set up properly to use the files it is supposed to. You don't need to make any modifications to the paths after that unless you're using some third party library. What problems are you having with building applications generated in this way?
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000