ISIS Flash disk corrupted?
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

EIClabs

3 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  10:13:50  Show Profile
I have an ISIS computer with a 2GB Flash drive. It was working fine until today.

It was jostled, and afterwards would not boot properly:

It starts booting, but locks up on with a flack screen w/ a blue Eurotech logo on it.

I have tried accessing the BIOS, and everything seems to be good there. I have tried disabling and , but it still hangs on the same screen, without any messages after the 'preparing to boot to the OS' line

So I am wondering if the Flash disk might have gotten corrupted.

Is there any way to re-install the OS onto the disk?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  11:43:10  Show Profile  Email Poster
Yes, you should be able to recover the flash drive, though the physical start to this fault suggests that something else could be at play.

If this is part of a development kit, there may be a few additional USB flash drives that will allow you to boot one or more other operating systems. You might try that first to see if the issue lies with the flash drive, or elsewhere.

Drop us a line at support.us@eurotech.com if you want to provide us with the serial number of your ISIS and/or the module on it, or any other relevant details. We'll be glad to help you get back up and running.
Go to Top of Page

twhite

133 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2012 :  15:10:10  Show Profile  Email Poster
We were able to help the customer with some troubleshooting steps. However, in the end, the customer found he had a corrupted MBR on their unit. They ran FIXMBR and they're running now.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000