Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

jlackey

213 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2002 :  14:13:42  Show Profile  Email Poster
What does the ADS Linux Bootloader do?

The ADS Linux bootloader loads the zImage and the root file system if it's a ramdisk from On-Board Flash or an ATA CF or PCMCIA card into RAM and boots the Linux kernel. The bootloader can also program the On-Board Flash from kernel and file system image files on an ATA card. Ver 4.0 and later support kernel command line configuration, modifying the register settings, and changing the size, number, and contents of the On-Board Flash partitions.

The bootloader is stored in ROM U22 on the GraphicsClient Plus and GraphicsMaster and in On-Board Flash memory on all other boards.

How can I check the version of the bootloader?

During the boot sequence, the bootloader displays its version and build date on serial port 3.

What is the latest version of the bootloader?

The ADS Linux Bootlader topic in the Linux Downloads and Documents forum specifies the current version.

Should I upgrade my bootloader to the latest version?

We use the most recent bootloader during development and testing of drivers and kernel patches. If you upgrade your kernel and encounter problems, you may need a new bootloader. Otherwise, you should probably only upgrade when there are new features you need that aren't available in your current bootloader.

How can I get the latest bootloader?

To get a boot ROM for a GraphicsClient Plus or GraphicsMaster, contact ADS Sales. In your message, specify the ADS product you're using and that you need a Linux boot ROM. Charges may apply.

Newer boards use flash memory instead of ROM's. You can download the latest bootloader for your board.

30-Dec-2003: jlackey - update information related to file systems
19-Nov-2002: jlackey - update for Ver 4.0 of the bootloader

Edited by - adrian on 10 Jan 2008 19:54:37
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000