Active Sync and Touch Screen
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

landryd

13 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2002 :  08:01:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'm having issues with the Bitsy development system. The touchscreen becomes non-responsive every once in a while. I think I've traced the cause back to the Active Sync connection, but am unsure. Have you seen this before and if yes, what can I do to avoid this problem.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2002 :  08:26:29  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your message. Can you give a few more details about what is going on? The only time we see behavior like this is when an application has gone awry. I've also seen this happen when more than one instance of the same application is running and copies of the app are competing for resources.

If you can give us the steps to reproduce it, we can look into it here.

-----------------------
Drew Kidder
ADS Technology Transfer
Go to Top of Page

landryd

13 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2002 :  10:06:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
It only seems to happens when I'm using the Active Sync off the COM port, and it has happened simply by turning on the system, alot of times when I've place a new BIN file via the compact flash. It comes up with the calibration screen and doesn't respond. I have to disconnect everything but the display and touchscreen, power on and off several times, then it works. Sometimes it will accept the first touch and no more.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2002 :  10:40:48  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the details, Dan. The behavior you describe isn't normal for a Bitsy. A couple thoughts based on the information you provided: 1. Since it happens on power-up and without running any apps, it might be a problem with your touch panel cable; check if the touch panel stops responding if you move the cables. 2. Take a look at the debug port output (Serial 3); if something is faling in an application, you'll often see an eror message there.

Let us know what you find.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000