PCMCIA Extender Cable; CF cards [+ SD]
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

naegle

4 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2002 :  14:26:09  Show Profile  Email Poster
Do you have a recommended extender cable for taking your PCMCIA port and routing it to another location? Also, are there certain models of Compact Flash cards that work better with your boards?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2002 :  15:50:56  Show Profile  Email Poster
We don't have any recommendations for PCMCIA extender cards or cables. You can extend the PCMCIA bus if you keep wires shorter than about 10 centimeters. You might take a look at the Vector Electronics 3690-35 PCMCIA extender board(pdf) for ideas about how to implement your own connector.

If you want access to a high-speed data bus, you might consider using the Bitsy. The Bitsy exposes the CF bus, which we and others have used as a digital expantion bus. See this topic for details. You can mount such a

As for CF storage cards, all the ones we've tried work with our systems. Let us know if you're having a problem with one.

-----------------------
Drew Kidder
ADS Technology Transfer
Go to Top of Page

opsens_claude_belleville

34 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2006 :  16:02:11  Show Profile
Here is my solution to bring SD Card on a front panel

I bought a "SanDisk 6-in-1 PC Card Adapter" and open it (broke the metal PCMCIA case with care)

I plugged a flat cable on the SD Card pin (9 pins)

I bought a SD Card socket and install it in front of the instrument case and connect it to the flat cable

It work well,
Anything simpler ?

Phil

Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2006 :  17:41:39  Show Profile  Email Poster
You might also be able to create a small printed wiring board that allows you to mount the SD socket just the way you want. I believe we have used the AVX 105638-009-353-833 on boards we've made.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000