Definitive package for CE.NET+VB.NET
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

MLong

19 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2003 :  13:39:45  Show Profile  Email Poster
From what I have researched so far it appears the following constitutes the minimum software necessary to begin our project.

ADS Bitsy CE.NET image
MSVStudio 2003 .NET (+/w SDE)
SAPI(.NET) for T2Speech

I'm still *very* new to the area, especially considering the other concurrent projects. Please advise where I can locate the CE.NET image for testing. If I'm missing something critical or there's some area of the site I've not located yet just point me there. I am under the impression that image downloads for testing and development are directly available, with all proper licensing worked out prior/at time of release/shipment. This was sort of thrown in my lap. If i'm misunderstanding something or simply have to little information let me know.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2003 :  15:19:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
#VB.NET_tools

For VB.NET development on an ADS Bitsy system you will need:

1. An ADS Bitsy CE.NET image.
    This can be obtained from the Bitsy CE File Downloads topic.
  2. Visual Studio.NET 2003 (Everett Beta).
    This is currently downloadable only for MSDN Universal subscribers.

Since you mention SAPI it's important to let you know that, like many APIs, Microsoft has provided no direct managed code (i.e. C# or VB.NET) access to the SAPI functions. They would, however, still be available through Platform Invocation (P/Invoke).
Go to Top of Page

steve

28 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2003 :  12:51:37  Show Profile  Email Poster
It seems sort of extreme to purchase the full Visual Studio .NET to do this development. There is no free platform, like the eVB and eVC?
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2003 :  12:55:57  Show Profile  Email Poster
Microsoft may, and likely will, provide the Smart Device Programmability (SDP) features in the individual language installs when they actually release the product. While these still are not free, they will be the least expensive option. Microsoft has announced no plans for a free tool.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000