Dynamically changing bitmaps
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ms08233

17 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2003 :  18:25:52  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'm just starting out (using the Visual C++ 6 Programming Blue Book) trying to change bitmaps displayed in a simple dialog-box based eVC++ app. Following the book, I first tried using SetIcon to change the icon in a CStatic control (tied to a picture control set to type Icon), but that gave an "undefined external symbol" link error. The help file says SetIcon does not work for CStatic/CButtons in CE, so I tried using a Picture control set to bitmap type, and every combination of SetBitmap/LoadBitmap I could find in the help files, but the best I've been able to do is blank out the bitmap loaded into the picture control at design time.

All this is so much easier in Visual Basic, but we have to convert our project to eVC++ for many reasons. Does anybody have some eVC++ sample code (preferably using MFC) that shows how to do these things that would be simple in VB?:

1. Load a new bitmap into a control at run time.
2. Make a control invisible and visible again (so that an underlying bitmap could be shown/hidden rapidly).
3. Change the ZOrder of controls to specify which on is "on top".
4. Change the height of a control so that variable parts of a bitmap are displayed.

Any help for the VC++ newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by - ms08233 on 20 Jan 2003 18:29:48

whuh

23 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2003 :  18:40:54  Show Profile  Email Poster
HI,

You may try like this.
As workaround, LoadBitmap() will work fine.
Here is some part of code.

CStatic m_hStatusIcon;
DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_STATUSICON, m_hStatusIcon);
m_hStatusIcon.SetBitmap(::LoadBitmap(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDB_OK)));

WH
Go to Top of Page

ms08233

17 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2003 :  18:55:28  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks! That did it. Instead of AfxGetInstanceHandle() I was using NULL (from the help file example code). Changing it to AfxGetInstanceHandle() solved the first problem.

Anybody have any samples for questions 2-4 above?
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000