Touch panel "sticks"
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  11:46:40  Show Profile  Email Poster
Q: Sometimes CE acts like I'm still touching the touch panel even after I've released it. This behavior occurs more often in cold weather. We also often have trouble calibrating.

Check the touch panel settings in your ADSLOAD.REG file. Some older configurations use 175us for the PenDownHoldoffHns entry. Try the setting of 500ns as shown below. This works more reliably for most touch panels.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\TOUCH]
"SamplePeriodHighHns"=dword:c350 ; 5ms
"AdcReadHoldoffHns"=dword:6DC ; 175 us
"PenDownHoldoffHns"=dword:1388 ; 500 us
;"PenDownHoldoffHns"=dword:6DC ; 175 us

For further reading about touch panels on ADS products, see the touch panel topic index.

hnurtj

3 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2008 :  10:34:12  Show Profile
I'm still having this 'sticky' problem on my VGX with the new CE builds. The above registry settings doesn't help.
Reverting back to the old builds with touch panel driver version 1.3 makes it works, but I'd like to use the new builds since it has the new compact framework version too.
Any help would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2008 :  11:33:41  Show Profile
Touch panel driver version 1.3 does not use the key you are setting. Please see topic 2514 for the deprecated keys. The key you probably need to adjust is Zthreshold which controls the pressure level that will be recognized as a continued touch. It is defined in the Touch panel driver spec.
Go to Top of Page

hnurtj

3 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2008 :  12:29:38  Show Profile
Great! Adjusting Zthreshold does help.
Thanks for the quick response.
Go to Top of Page

hnurtj

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  13:11:52  Show Profile
Well, it seems that adjusting the ZThreshold is giving us other problems.
I'll try to explain what we see here.

Currently, I'm back to using VGX WinCE build 5.00.20.
Upgrading it to the any newer builds gives the touch panel problems.

Adjusting the ZThreshold helps with the sticky problem, but the touch panel doesn't detect around 10% of the screen on the uppper left area.
If the ZThreshold is lowered so that it detects the upper left area, the lower right part becomes sticky.

Another issue is the double-tap which is too erratic and setting the double tap from control panel or registry doesn't help.

One thing I notice is this problems occur whenever we start to adjust ZThreshold in the registry, even with the 5.00.20 build.
Without setting the ZThreshold value (no ZThreshold key in the registry) the touch panel works fine with the 5.00.20 build, but any newer builds will give us the sticky problem.
We have two VGX unit here right now with this problem.
Go to Top of Page

jjoseph

47 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2008 :  08:56:13  Show Profile
This problem, being more specific in nature, is being handled via email.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000