8bpp on Bitsy Plus
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

davidjstewart

8 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2003 :  17:57:09  Show Profile  Email Poster
In the Bitsy Plus user manual it indicates that the J1 pinout for the video signal output is for 16bpp mode. It references a table for other color depths, although that table does not appear to be in the document.
I specifically need to determine the pinout for 8bpp for the LQ64D343.

I also have a problem with the screen overlapping left to right. The left 1 inch of the display wraps around to the other side of the display. Is this a cable issue?

Thanks,
Dave Stewart

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2003 :  18:31:41  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Dave. Good questions. Take a look at this drawing for the 12 bpp cable we recommend for use with the LQ64D343 and similar displays. It should give you a pretty good picture of how we map the signals.

Note that the StrongARM is going to give you 12 bit color from an 8 bpp (256 entry) palette. We use 8 and 12 bpp interchangeably when speaking of these systems.

As for your overlap, it probably means that you are hooking up a panel with different display timings from the LQ64D343. Drop us a line and let us know what display you're using. We can get you the driver settings that work best with your display.

Cheers,
Drew
Go to Top of Page

davidjstewart

8 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2003 :  19:46:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
Drew,
Thank you for the quick response. I will dig into the cable drawing.

As far as the panel, I am using a Sharp LQ64D343, so i'm not sure what might be the problem. When set to 16bpp everything looks great, except for the wrap-around. This is happening both with an older Bitsy Plus board from an eval kit we bought last year, as well as the new bitsy plus's we just received from you this week. (CE 3, not .net)

The boards do work properly in 8bpp with the eval kit connector board and display. In our implementation we have built our own connector board which routes the video signal through the circuit board to a connector near the edge of the board. A 3 inch cable then makes the connection to the sharp display.
Thanks for the help,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

davidjstewart

8 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2003 :  12:28:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
Drew,
After digging into the cable drawing some more, I think I have a good understanding of what signals have been moved to different pins, helping me better understand how to build our cable. One question I have however is that in the 12bpp drawing you provided, it indicates it is a replacement for the ADS 610110-3008 display cable that you provide. In the drawing it indicates that some signals must be split to feed two inputs on the LCD panel (ie R0 feeds both R0 and R2 on the display.) However, when looking at the 610110-3008 cable, i see no signals being split. Does this mean that it is not necessary to do so? Also it seems that the mappings are not right between the above mentioned cable and the drawing provided.

Thanks,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

davidjstewart

8 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2003 :  16:36:57  Show Profile  Email Poster
Drew,
Good News, the video wrap around problem is solved. The Panel_Enable rather than the LBIAS (data enable) signal had been routed to the display enable signal . It appears to be working properly now.
THanks,
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000