Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

FE

3 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2003 :  09:14:22  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,

I have a ADS system (Bitsy Plus and Ethernet connector board) which is running CE.NET 4.12.

Can I make a direct cross-over connection between RJ45 of ADS system and RJ45 of my Laptop computer ?

Does Windows CE.NET support these feature ?

If YES, what kind of software should I use and how do I setup the direct connection in Windows CE.NET 4.12 ?

Thank in advance.

Nghia.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2003 :  11:00:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
A crossover cable should work just fin for connecting. You will still need to use ActiveSync for debugging connectivity and you will have to use a fixed IP address for the device, but otherwise it is no different than plugging into an ethernet hub.
Go to Top of Page

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2003 :  10:37:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Chris,

I use a fixed IP address for both Laptop and BitsyPlus, and I can ping the BitsyPlus IP address from my Laptop.

I only want to make a connection to view the contents of the BitsyPlus (like Windows Explorer). Unfortunately our BitsyPlus system has only one Ethernet RJ45 connector (nothing else).

If I have to use ActiveSync on PC site and run "repllog.exe /remote" on BitsyPlus site to make a connection, then does the "repllog.exe" have a option to run silent mode without click on the "connect" button ?

Thanks

Nghia

Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2003 :  10:41:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
Unfortunately there is no documented way to get repllog.exe /remote to run wthout the dialog and I've not been able to find an undocumented way of doing so either.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000