General Hardware, ADSmartIO, Digital I/O and A/Ds
 BitsyX RTC
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

dbrisbois

27 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  11:06:50  Show Profile
I have a Rev 1 Bitsy X board plugged into a Rev A CF companion board. I have noticed that the RTC is not persistent over a reset or power down. The voltage of the coin cell battery on the companion board is 3.3V. Is there a jumper or a setting in software I need to set?

pdombrowski

10 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  11:28:27  Show Profile

The Rev 1 Bitsy X boards were not shipped with the RTC functional. Revision 2, which is currently shipping, supports this feature.

PMD
Go to Top of Page

dbrisbois

27 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  11:32:01  Show Profile
When was Rev 2 released? Are there other differences?
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  11:27:27  Show Profile
Hi David. You can find a list of the changes between rev 1 and 2 of the BitsyX in the final chapter of the user manual. It's posted at topic 884.

The manual is in final review right now, but we posted the preliminary draft to give our customers the latest information. Rev 2 boards have just started shipping in preliminary volume.
Go to Top of Page

dbrisbois

27 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2004 :  11:24:50  Show Profile
I have run across some strange behavior with the RTC and system time. All reads/writes of the system time are done through calls to Get/SetSystemTime. If the RTC losses power, it is reset and the date is set back to 1980. The first call to SetSystemTime after the RTC resets works correctly. However, the second call to SetSystemTime causes 1 hour to be subtracted. All subsequent calls function correctly until the RTC looses power again. Any ideas as to what might be causing this behavior.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000