Image Error attempting to Change Color Scheme
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2003 :  15:58:54  Show Profile  Email Poster
Just received the BitsyX. Connected that to our original ADS supplied color display, using personality board rev 2.

We found the black text on a dark purple background a bit difficult to read, so using Control Panel we decided to change the color scheme. Invoked the Display application and received a message box entitled 'Image Error' with the text 'Windows cannot display the image currently selected. The image is either invalid or missing or there is not enough memory to display. Please select a smaller image or close some applications.'

1. No other applications have been invoked.
2. The message box still appears even if program memory is maxed out.

Clicking OK on the dialog box brings up the 'Display Properties' dialog.

The original REG, HWT, ROM, etc., etc. are on the board. We have not yet loaded anything.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2003 :  16:17:38  Show Profile  Email Poster
It sounds like the device does not have an ADSLOAD.BMP file in Flash. At boot, this image is copied to "\Windows\adsload.bmp" and the display background image is set to point to this. My bet is that the system is trying to find this image, but it doesn't exist. You can eliminate the problem by either adding an ADSLOAD.BMP file to the system or pointing the display properties to another (or no) image through the registry.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2003 :  17:22:10  Show Profile  Email Poster
Susan:

You're going to need a "16 bpp" display cable to get the colors correct. The XScale maps the display signals differently than StrongARM--there is no longer any need for 12 and 16bpp display cables.

I'll let our sales group know about your needs.

I don't think we've tested the BitsyX with the rev 2 personality board. I've posted some notes about CF bus power with the personality board schematics (topic 408), but chances are it won't be an issue with the BitsyX.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000