| Catalyst TC Development Kit User's Manual (rev 2 PDF 1.25 MB)
For more documentation, please see the Related Topics section below.
The Catalyst TC is a high-performance, low-power computer module based on the Intel Atom processor. The Development Kit provides a full-featured carrier board to evaluate all features of the module.
The Catalyst TC includes the following features:
- Catalyst TC with Catalyst TC Development Kit carrier board
- 10.4-inch TFT LCD with SVGA resolution (800 x 600, 6-bit color) and cable
- CCFL backlight inverter and cable
- 4-wire resistive touch panel and cable
- Catalyst Module Display Adapter
- USB flash drive loaded with Windows® Embedded Standard or Wind River Linux (future option)
- FreeDOS USB flash drive for BIOS updates
- 12 VDC adapter and AC cord
- DB9FF cable (for maintenance port P2 only)
- Plexiglas mounting
- Stylus and screen cleaning cloth
As a development platform, this kit allows you to become familiar with the Catalyst TC functionality prior to customization for your specific application. Utilize the development kit to validate your
proposed design for both software and hardware. For example, if a USB device is to be used on USB port 6, test that device by connecting it to USB port 6 on the development kit running your application. This type of testing also allows you to validate your operating system image with all required drivers loaded.
To provide flexibility and allow development across a broad spectrum of end-use applications, the Catalyst TC Development Kit carrier board maximizes the Catalyst TC functionality and implements many industry-standard interfaces. This configuration provides a valuable reference for your application-specific carrier board. Use Eurotech’s carrier board as a starting point for your design. Using the same connectivity to the module and the same components will minimize the time spent in debugging your new design.
In addition to the Catalyst TC Development Kit, Eurotech provides a variety of services to ensure that your Catalyst TC-based product is up and running from the first prototype release. Stay in contact with
your sales and support representatives throughout your development cycle to ensure a complete and robust solution with which to move forward.
- Catalyst TC Dev Kit Quickstart Guide WES PDF 460kB
- Catalyst TC Design In Guide: Topic 3007
- Catalyst XL & Catalyst TC Compatibility Technical Bulletin: Topic 3014
Getting Notified of Updates
We post changes, updates and errata to this topic as they become available. Subscribe to this topic or the forums to receive email notifications (see below).
You can get automatic email notifications when this or any topic is changed or replied to. Simply click the "Subscribe" icon () on the Topic, Forum, or Category list to subscribe. You can unsubscribe () just as quickly.
To cancel or manage subscriptions, click the "My Subscriptions" menu item at the upper right of any Forum page.
Edited by twhite 3-Apr-2013: Added text about seeing the Related Topics section.