Programming the Digital I/Os
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

steve

28 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  11:57:43  Show Profile  Email Poster
We're moving right along on our Bitsy Plus development, switching from the old Bitsy. Is there anything we need to know about using the UCB1200 I/Os that no longer exist?
Thanks!
-Patrick
Magnatech LP
East Granby, CT

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2002 :  13:28:47  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Patrick:

The ten digital I/Os on the Bitsy Plus formerly provided by the UCB1200 are now handled by a CPLD on the board. A couple things to note:
  1. Electrically, the signals are still 3.3V CMOS, but now they can source and sink significantly more current. See the "System Controller" section in the System Specifications chapter of the user's manual for full details.

IMPORTANT! One significant difference is that these digital I/Os are no longer current-limited. Check your electrical circuits before connecting to these signals.

2. Programatically, the drivers are the same as in the Bitsy. Both Linux and CE use the same signal names as on the Bitsy.
  3. [see post, below]
Since the connectors are the same, applications that used these I/Os on the Bitsy should work on the Bitsy Plus. Just make sure you don't over-current an older board you designed for the Bitsy.

Edited by akidder 11-Mar-2003: Strike out note in #2.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  14:02:41  Show Profile  Email Poster
We have updated the "UCB" signal names for clarity and have improved the driver. Take a look at topic 807 for an application that illustrates how to use the new bit-wise driver.

I've changed the post above to reflect the change in the driver name. Another user posted a similar query at topic 835.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000